New polling data that confirms, yep, the rest of Spokane County wants a jail about as badly as we do — which is to say: NOT. AT. ALL.
In this week’s episode we take a brisk 30-minute jaunt through some new polling data that confirms, yep, the rest of Spokane County wants a jail about as badly as we do — which is to say: NOT. AT. ALL.
It’s encouraging news for everyone from reformists to prison abolitionists to get this sort of poll result in a Republican-leaning county like Spokane.
But the real kicker is when the pollsters asked people if they’d vote to raise their taxes in order to fund addiction treatment and homelessness services.
For the answer to that question, you’ll have to listen.
Past No Jail Content
- Spokane let people out of jail. Crime went down | RANGE
- EPISODE 010 | Independence Day feat. the Bail Project | RANGE
- EPISODE 011 | Independence Day (cont) | RANGE
- Spokane County officials revisit plans for a new jail | KREM
- Change Research | The pollsters
- Fuse Washington | The org that paid for it